6 Things to Check Before You Place a Service Call
As the 2021-2022 winter season is fast approaching, we wanted to give our customers some service tips and tricks! While Patterson Fuels does have a full-time service department that is on call 24/7, we thought these 6 things would save our customers some time and money. Here are 6 things to check before you place a service call.
- Check the level of fuel in your tank and make sure it is not empty.
To check your propane tank, lift the lid on the tank and find the gauge. The gauge should have a needle pointing at a percentage. A propane tank is considered full at 80%. If you can’t find the needle or it is in the red, make sure to call the office for a delivery.
To check your oil tank, find the tube gauge which is typically located at the top of the tank. There will be a floating bobber inside the glass tube. Gauges typically show F, ¾, ½, ¼, E.
- Check to make sure your emergency switch for your system is not shut off.
- After you check your emergency switch make sure to check the breaker as well.
- As fall kicks into high gear with its cold nights and warm days make sure your thermostat is set to heat not cool or fan only.
- But if you find your thermostat not coming on at all, check to make sure the batteries are still good. This seems to happen to our customers more than you think it would!
- Lastly, check to make sure your vents are open and not blocked by rugs, furniture, or other items.
Once you check all those items and are still having issues do not hesitate to give our service team a call at 802-434-2616. You can also submit an online service request here.